Thursday, November 3, 2011

A day in the life



*I am now the proud owner of a tenor ukulele. I have been searching for a larger sound before taking the leap to guitar-land, and this uke is louder, more resonant, and not too hard on the eyes! It's a travel uke, so it literally could fit into my backpack and would be about as heavy as two apples and a bag-o-chips.

*I am germinating on creating a puppet workshop for adults-"CREATE YOUR INNER PUPPET." I imagine a bunch of folks around a table surrounded by breathtaking socks and sensuous wool...overgrown buttons for eyes...skeins of brightly colored thread and swatches of fabulous fabrics...the thrill of grownups playing freely with puppets..the puppet conversations and revelations!

*I have two videos in my head-will I ever make them? This is a huge question for an artist mom person--choosing what projects will get the juice and the go-ahead, and which ones will remain in the artistic ether as potential energy. If you are in a 7 piece brass band and would like to puppet-out with Jilly Puppets, give me a shout out and let's make a video!

*My next puppet: Well, I found a racketball racket yesterday, so I'd wager that my next show will have something crafted from this. I like how the racket is held, how it moves in the air, it's potential for flight or travel. Stay tuned.

*Thanks for reading my blog. Please email me at jillypuppets@gmail.com if you'd like to talk puppets or have me do a workshop or show at your school, synagogue, church or mosque, birthday party, or forest puppet adventure.

No comments: