Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Girl Scout Puppet Badge Workshop

Hi all! I conducted a PUPPET BADGE workshop yesterday for some second grade girls and IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! The girls were super enthusiastic and creative. The Girl Scout leader had a serious collection of crafting supplies-popsicle sticks, bags, googely eyes, confetti,pipe cleaners.....! I took the kids through my process of constructing puppets from supplies found in my environment and then incorportating movement and character into the puppet that emerges from the creative experience. I showed them about 10 puppets and showed them the differences in how they are used as puppets and how they help me grow as an artist.
They asked me great questions, and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of working with them, spending the afternoon doing art together.

I love the pipe cleaner bracelets that they made me!
Pictures to follow. :)

No comments: