Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tarrytown Third Friday show-sweaty and fun




This past Friday night I had the pleasure of a hometown show at Tarrytown Third Friday. The sky was ominous... threatening winds blew... "Is it going to storm in 15 minutes or 5 minutes?" I asked myself. How many songs am I going to get in before the deluge?" I set up my puppets under a tree-cave so that if it started pouring, I could grab my kiddies and make a run for it. I like being in a tree cave, being a confirmed tree-hugger and all.
I brought my cordless mic but unfortunately not the cords necessary to hook up to Greg's PA system. Argh! Luckily, I DID have my ipod with the "James Bond" theme music so with handheld microphone tucked under my armpit, we "drove" around (I found about 50 keys in our junk drawer for the kids to use, imagining that they were driving fancy James Bond-y racecars with), glue gunning baddies to the pavement. (Being compassionate spies, we did "unglue" the baddies so they could enjoy the puppet show and nibble on popcorn.)
It's always a treat playing in front of my townie buddies. So that even when my flying squirrel goggles melt down my face and sweat is dripping into my eyeballs, I am having the time of my life!
People, I gotta tell you, Tarrytown Third Friday ROCKS!

No comments: